These songs are so easy and useful. I just had to pass them along. The idea is to pick out two per week and sing them as you “walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise” (Deut. 6:7). They not only teach a spiritual principle but stir the emotions to love and obey. Try it. they are from Greater Commission Publications (www.gcp.org). I’m so thankful for #3….
I don’t like singing to the tune of “Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star” as suggested by the Sunday School materials so I just make up a catchy tune of my own. I can’t get away from saying Twinkle, Twinkle….. The point is to use singing as a way to remember the biblical principle. The melody is important because it aids memory. Learn the melody first. Then add the words one short phrase at a time. Repeat. Sing in your heart to the Lord.
1. God bless me and God bless you, God bless us in all we do.
2. Hear God’s Word and then obey, Trust in Jesus every day.
3. All have sinned—what can we do, We need Jesus, this is true!
4. Trust God’s Word and then obey, Trust in Jesus every day.
5. All have sinned—what can we do? We need Jesus, this is true!
6. God sent Jesus, his own Son, Jesus died, his work was done.
7. Holy Spirit, special Friend, be with me until the end.
8. Praise the Father! Praise the Son! Praise the Spirit! Three in one.
Enjoy…I’ll bet you will find your heart lifted up, and your mind thinking about the steadfast, enduring love of God toward us who believe in who Jesus is and what he has done.
“Christ Jesus is the one who died–more than that, who was raised–who is at the right hand of God, who indeed is interceding for us. Who shall separate us from the love of Christ?” (Romans 8:34)